What is the International Media Center?
The International Media Center (IMC) is a specially designed site to offer free information services, related to the Pope’s visit, to local and international media representatives. The IMC will be implemented in all the three regions the Pope will visit, maintaining the same assistance and services format in all of them.
What services will be given?
- Working stations with fixed computers
- Printer, photocopier and high-speed scanners
- Landlines with free local and international phone calls
- Closed circuits for broadcasting activities (led and plasma screens)
- Rooms for press conferences
- Free wi-fi
- Translators and interpreters
- Medical service and ambulance
- Money exchange
- Transport for media representatives
Where is the IMC?
IMC will be located at the Ministry of Culture building in Lima, between the Lima Convention Center and the Great National Theatre (Nacional (Av. Javier Prado Este 2645 – San Borja). In Trujillo, it will be situated at the Gran Marqués Hotel. The venue it is still to be defined for Puerto Maldonado.
How to get accreditation?
To obtain IMC access, all media representatives must be properly accredited; thus, they will be granted the use of the space along the event until it is open. For Peru, IMC will work from 16 to 21 January 2018.
For registration and accreditation of local and foreign media the following steps are to be followed:
- Regulations, procedures and schedules for online accreditation will be available at least two months before the event. Proposed date for beginning accreditation is September 30th.
- Accreditation software will include a system to categorize staff and media organizations to allow supervision, in coordination with the security personnel.
- ID cards will be issued to media staff, together with media kits, which will be distributed in nearby accreditation centers.