- Deadline on October 25th
- One of the judges is the well-known Peruvian musician, Marco Romero.
Lima, October 4, 2017.– The national contest to choose the representative song for the visit of Pope Francis to our country, organized by the Peruvian Episcopalian Conference, is already evaluating the songs sent by participants through selected judges.
This contest, programmed among the activities for the arrival of Pope Francis to Peru and in coordination with all the bishops of the country, will be appraised by a group of judges formed by four members of well-known artistic, musical and cultural trajectory. One of them is renowned musician Marco Romero.
A Peruvian who does not loses his faith
Marco Romero is a singer and song writer of creole music, producer, musician, and radio and television presenter. Romero has almost 20 years of musical trajectory and is recognised for his musical shows and collaborative activities together with Peruvian music representatives such as Cecilia Barraza, Oscar Avilés and Edith Bar.
A newspaper from Lima defined Marco Romero as a Peruvian who does not lose his faith, due to the great enthusiasm and hope his compositions reflect, always trying to find the Peruvian identity and essence he is proud of.
Video and jingle of the official contest
As part of the diffusion of this call, CEP Media Commission of the Pope’s Visit has prepared a video and a promotional jingle including the voice of Marco Romero and the nuns of the Canonesses Congregation.
The call to participate in the contest for the official hymn Pope Francis 2018 was launched days ago, taking into consideration the following requirements:
- The purpose of the contest is to choose one musical work which may reflect the hope, joy, faith and unity the Holy Father is taking with him.
- Songs in Spanish, Quechua, and native languages are accepted.
- The contest targets all inhabitants of the Peruvian territory, even under age ones (represented by a supervisor), as well as members of institutions, universities, religious and educational organizations, etc.
- The rules of the competition are available at the Pope’s visit official website, www.papafranciscoenperu.org, where the entry form can be found.
Pope Francis’ visit to Peru
01 4631010 anexo 248